𝗛𝗼𝗹𝘆 𝗖𝗼𝗺𝗺𝘂𝗻𝗶𝗼𝗻 𝗮𝘁 𝗛𝗼𝗺𝗲 𝗳𝗼𝗿 𝗘𝗹𝗱𝗲𝗿𝗹𝘆 𝗙𝗮𝗺𝗶𝗹𝘆 𝗠𝗲𝗺𝗯𝗲𝗿𝘀
𝗱𝘂𝗿𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗖𝗢𝗩𝗜𝗗-𝟭𝟵 𝗣𝗮𝗻𝗱𝗲𝗺𝗶𝗰
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, we are recommending that the elderly not come for Holy Mass.
If you have an elderly in your own home and wish to bring Holy Communion back home for them, you can now do so.
You will need to follow the instructions below carefully.
1) Obtain a pyx. This is a special container to keep the Blessed Sacrament, the Body of Christ. You can buy the pyx from the Catholic Centre or Katong Catholic Book Centre (please call them first to check for stock).
2) Prepare a table (or on a dining table) covered with a cloth (preferably white if available).
3) Place a crucifix and 2 candles on this table (if you have).
4) Bring the pyx to Church when you come for Mass.
5) When you come up to receive Holy Communion, inform the priest or Communion Minister that you would like to bring Holy Communion to an elderly person. The Holy Communion will be placed in the pyx.
6) Bring the Holy Communion straight after Mass to your home.
7) Place the Blessed Sacrament on the table you have previously prepared.
8) Follow the instructions and prayers given in the Prayer Card. You can collect the Prayer Cards to take home from the exits of the Church.
Let us know if you have any questions. Thank you.